Total Pageviews

Oct 6, 2009

Ubuntu Update #2


Ubuntu Update:
I downloaded a driver from NVIDIA's site, it was a .run file,
which I had no previous experience with.  After searching I found a
readme for the driver online.  I folowed the instructions (after several tries)
and got the driver to start unpacking.  After about 1 second It told me that I had to be logged in as root user (In Linux "root user" is a specal mode in which you can do anything with the system. As you can picture, it is very dangerous to use this mode, since you could "brick" your system with a mis-typed word!) I had to spend some more time looking through the manual. I found how to do it and redid the instructions.


It told me that it "could not open the file".


*Sigh*

1 comment:

  1. I love being root, it adds adventure and danger to my life

    ReplyDelete